Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lately

One of my resolutions this year was blog everyday....haha we see how that is gone so far! I have wanted to blog and even started on several drafts only to never publish them. Everything I chose to write about just seemed boring. Today, I think I am over my slump and I am going to catch you up on life lately.



Warning: this post is random!!



This is what my life has looked like at work lately...new stuff coming in everyday. My room has looked the same way...well, if I am being honest a whole lot worse. I just need to be better about picking up the clothes on the floor. I am normally not this messy but something about living at momma and daddy's house. Anybody else like that too?




This coming weekend I along with 6 other girls are hosting a baby shower at my parents house for my dear friend Beth! I am in charge of the decorations, which normally I love doing but I have found myself standing in the middle of Hobby Lobby 3 different times with nothing in my hands. Ahh... the party is Sunday and I have to make something for the door and for the tables, so tonight they will see me there again and hopefully I can come up with something. On a side note I love Hobby Lobby. The other night when I was in there I was looking for inspiration and stumbled across Burlap for a $1.99 a yard. Seriously you can't beat that. I ended up buying the whole bolt which was 17 yards! More on that later!





Countdown to the wedding is 142 days! YAY! I am having a blast planning the tiny little details! I love thinking of creative ways to do things...I apparently just need help in the baby shower area. :) The Save the date cards finally went out and I am ordering invitations this weekend. Speaking of invitations....that by far has been the most overwhelming thing so far. I mean who knew? I ended up putting together my own invitation because I could not find any that I just loved that were not $6.00 per one! I hope they turn out okay. My dress is coming in a few weeks and I cannot wait to try it on! I am so excited about it!





I have also been learning a lot about cooking. I knew the basics but I have been learning to cook outside the box a little bit more. I cooked Darby's Southwestern Chicken Soup. It was so easy and it has been requested again! Next time I make it I think I will cook some rice to go with it. Thanks Darby for posting easy and quick recipes for girls like me! Check out her blog if you haven't already...she is an amazing woman with beautiful kids!





Happy Birthday to my big brother who is turning 28 today!! Love you bubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment