Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Projects & Marco Island

You may remember me telling you about the coffee table story last spring. It's here if you missed it. I promised Andrew that I would spend $100.00 or less for chairs for our new table, I realized quickly that was going to be hard since all the chairs I like were $100.00 each or more. Last fall a friend decided to redo her kitchen and was giving her chairs away to goodwill when I asked her if she would give them to me instead. She told me they needed a lot of work but I was willing to do it since they were free. I was originally going to paint the chairs white and recover the cushion that was on there but it was too high for my table so we went to plan B.


(Before)


I decided on a pale blue(almost looks white in the picture but they are blue) because our table has cream distressed legs and I felt white would not flow great with the cream. I stripped the cushion down to the wood and attached several layers of new batting. I then covered our new seats with tan linen and used liquid nails to glue it back in place.


(after)

Here are the newly painted chairs around our table. Excuse the pumpkin and turkey, I snapped these pictures around Thanksgiving to share with you, but I am just not getting around to it. I spent $20.00 on paint and batting and I already had the linen, so there you go, four chairs for $20.00!


Moving right along...our anniversary trip was so fun and I wanted to share a few pictures I snapped while we were there. We went to Marco Island, FL which is deep south Florida. It's about a twelve hour drive from our home in Birmingham but it was worth every second of it.

I hauled our wedding cake down there with us and believe it or not it was still really good. We both only had a bite of it at our wedding so I was glad it was still good.



Andrew found these sea shells for me while we were waiting on the sunset one night. He thought it was funny to keep piling them on knee, but little does he know I kept all of them.


The sunset is directly behind the water in Marco so you can imagine just how beautiful they are.

Isn't this breathtaking??


2 comments:

  1. It's so cool to see what a little paint and new fabric can do to something. They look so cute. I love your table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a GREAT job with the chairs!!! so cute! Your anniversary trip looks awesome!! Sweet couple :)

    ReplyDelete